Friday 17 April 2009

My little friendies

I love my friends!

I've been on holiday for 2 weeks and the thing I love most about being on holiday is having a chance to meet up with friends.  During term time, it's not unusual for me to work solidly from 7am (when arriving at work) to 1am, pausing to sleep from about 1.30-6, so I find meeting up with friends during the week really difficult and weekends seem to go so quickly.  Which means holidays are where its at!

I had a week in the sun for the first week (and got a tan-hah!) and this week have hardly done any work as I've been seeing friends instead.  On tuesday I met up with my girlies.  I've known them for 8 years and we're closer than ever now-love it (and them!)  On wednesday I went to my wife's for dinner, and another friend joined us, where we relived those good ol' uni days.  Thursday was fabulous: I went wedding and bridesmaid dress shopping with some lovely old friends who I've known for 12 years.  Is a bit scary to think how much we've changed from those spotty little girls into people of the marriage age!  And today was another corker, I spent the day with a relatively new friend, and this evening with a different relatively new friend.  Tomorrow brings more girly times and sunday means my youth girls!

I love that I share different memories with each of these people, and that we all have different things in common.  I believe that my friends are one of the most important things in my life, and I love spending time and sharing with them.  I've noticed that whereas I'm not a different person with each friend, we talk about different things.  With some friends, I have a lot of light-hearted banter, and with others, we talk a lot of things or events that have deeply affected us. Although all very different, I'm so grateful to these friends for being there for me at different times in my life when I've needed them.

Thank you to all my friends for being who you are, you've all had an effect on me and made me who I am today. x

3 comments:

L.C.T. said...

Boo, did I miss you in Egham-land? Glad you've had fun catching up - I haven't seen you in ages! x

girl said...

Yeah I had a flying visit for dinner. Was thinking of you this week, must catch up soon!x

Lulu said...

oooh, blogging?? we like this!! More please!!
x